Photo: Mickey Boston. IamBlackGirl, Waahli & Meryem Saci via Nomadic Massive.
Montreal’s ongoing Artists Against Apartheid concert series in solidarity with the Palestinian struggle for liberation continued for Israeli Apartheid Week 2011 on Sunday, March 13th at O Patro Vys in the Plateau district of Montreal.
Celebrated poets, musicians & hip-hop artists performed to a capacity crowd in Montreal gathering for an concert series taking place as part of the global boycott, divestment and sanctions (BDS) campaign targeting the Israeli state due to the systematic human rights abuses against the Palestinian people.
Tadamon! present a series of photographs captured at the concert by photographers Mariel Rosenbluth, Alain Mercier and Mickey Boston.
Photo: Alain Mercier. Poet & musician Jason “Blackbird” Selman on the trumpet.
Photo: Mariel Rosenbluth. Montreal poet Kaie Kellough at Artists Against Apartheid.
- Photo: Mariel Rosenbluth. Poet Kaie Kellough delivers a word sound system.
- Photo: Alain Mercier. Hip-hop artist The Narcicyst looks to the heavens.
- Photo: Alain Mercier. Palestinian poet Remi Kanazi in Montreal.
- Photo: Mariel Rosenbluth. Vocal power via IamBlackGirl
Photo: Mariel Rosenbluth. Vocalizing justice into the night via Nomadic Massive family.
Photo: Mariel Rosenbluth. Saxophonist from the heart to space via Jason Sharp.
- Photo: Mariel Rosenbluth. Poet in flight, Kaie Kellough in motion.
Photo: Alain Mercier. Call out into the night via Meryem Saci via Nomadic Massive.
- Photo: Mickey Boston. Duet magic via Kaie Kellough & Jason Sharp.
info on Artists Against Apartheid via Tadamon! 514 664 1036 or info(at)tadamon.ca